Wow! Elizabeth Moss & Sarah Hyland were by far my favourite hairstyles at this year’s Emmys.
Elizabeth’s grown out pixie do suits all face shapes and compliments a longer fringe. Tapered at the neck softly creating movement and shape. With her fine hair her honey blonde not only creates bounce and fullness but says “Hollywood here I come”.
Sarah Hyland absolutely stole the show in a high ballerina bun. Situated high on her head it perfectly showed off her blonde highlights and allowed her makeup to shine.
Get the look:
- Apply styling lotion to damp hair to add texture and shine.
- Blow dry large sections of hair using a large bristle round brush directing the hair away from the face.
- Using a straightening iron on medium heat to smooth any cowlicks or kinks around the hairline.
- Brush the hair upwards towards the top of the head smoothing flyways with hairspray
- Secure the hair in a ponytail with elastic. To add texture, backcomb the ponytail with a brush and hairspray.
- Finally twist and wrap the hair into a bun and secure with bobby-pins. You can pull out small pieces of hair with your finger-tips or a tail comb for a edgy undone look.