The 1990s inspired wet look is fast becoming one of the most up to the minute ways to wear your hair.
Not every hair texture and cut can pull it off – those with a fine to medium hair and a high fade or an undercut are in a prime position to nail the style.
Slicking your hair straight back without a part is a good look, but it can feel a little severe. A side part can soften things up a bit. Make sure the neck is clean shaven and be mindful if you have longer hair as it can appear mullet-y. This style works well on a fresh haircut.
- How to style - The right product is important
- Pomades – Keeping the hair shiny and in place (Oil and water based product which will give you more shine)
- Waxes – Allow you to have control over your style with minimal effort, and because of its matte finish it will leave your hair with a natural appearance.
- Application – On damp hair distribute the product evenly right through to the back hairline.
For a Don Draper from Mad Men look a comb is necessary to part and direct the hair to the side. A backhand mirror also helps to evenly slick the hair especially around the crown area where it is difficult to see.
Alternatively rub the product in your palms and spread it back away from your face for a more casual look.
- The secret – The key to keeping it looking fresh all day is to not touch it or fiddle as it will separate the slick.